Well, it's official - we have moved.
To be honest, I am quite emotional about leaving our first home. Here's why....
....the living room - the room where I first told Joe that I accidentally got pregnant, and here were the results to prove it, and I am not sure how it happened but it most surely did.
....the back porch - where we had Kelly and Tony's couple shower, where we did most of our entertaining in the summer, where we had Maddox's birthday parties at, where we ate outside as much as possible.
....the kitchen - where I have ruined many good cakes using old vegetable oil, where Joe made me fabulous crab legs for our anniversary one time, and where I did dishes and looked outside at the birds every night.
....the guest room, that then turned into the nursery, that then turned into the boys' room. That room was changed more times than I can count!
.....the office that then turned into a big boy room and then turned into a nursery, the room where Joey slept in a big boy bed for the first time!
....the nursery - where Joe and I had a fight one time at 3 a.m. over whose turn it was to get up with Joey. That repeated several times, for approximately 18 months.
....the house - that we brought Joey and Maddox home to, where they first rode their little bikes, hit baseballs, and played with their men on the front step.
....the front room that then became the office because the two little boys took all of our other spare rooms- where we put our Christmas tree and did nearly all of our dancing and singing.
....the bathrooms - that were flooded, that were plugged, that gave us our first swirlies and our first tubbies, where Baby Magic has lived for 5 good years.
....the master bedroom - where breakfast in bed was served daily, where all the real magic happened. tee hee hee. my sister is currently throwing up in her own mouth right now.
....the basement that my father-in-law and husband finished together, that then became a laundry room and a playroom for the kids!
....the house that my grandpa knew to be my house.
It was a great house. A happy house, where love grew so much that it eventually outgrew the house, and we were forced to move. Kind of like Clifford the Dog - when you have that much love, well, it just gets too big for your house.
I am extremely grateful to just live in a house, to be honest. So many people aren't as fortunate, so I have always counted my blessings in that arena.
And, as I was taught again last Wednesday after we received news about my dad's cancer, a house is just a house. It's not what's on the outside. It's not the number of rooms or the granite countertops (however, very spectacular, I must add). It's not the size of the master closet or the pool in the backyard (how I wish i had that). It's the hearts that are inside the home that really make the difference.
Give us a couple more weeks, and the unpacking will be done and the settling in will begin! We can't wait to have our first guests this weekend- my parents!
2 comments:
Can't wait to see the new place! I've been thinking and praying for you!
I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful new home. hope you are having a great weekend with your parents. xo
Post a Comment