Here are a few photos from Saylor's baptism birthday!
Saylor was just a little fussy right before Father poured water over her head, and then she was extremely peaceful and fell asleep. As Maddox said, "She's like a REAL live angel!"
The boys stood up with us so good- didn't hear a peep out of them and just wanted to watch. It was so cute.
Joe's best friend, Kevin, is Saylor's godfather and Saylor's Aunt Ali is her godmother. Easy choices- Saylor doesn't know how lucky she is yet to have such positive Christian role models in her life. Kevin has also agreed to free basketball lessons for Saylor; and Ali has agreed to free therapy sessions when Saylor enters the junior high snotty stage.
We had so many people came who just love Saylor. I kept thinking about that all day - how lucky she is to be so loved. I got a little emotional...my last baptism to be a part of, and well, it's just emotional knowing you're giving your child a solid foundation of faith to build upon. Sometimes I feel like parenting is so hard and you have no idea if you're doing it right or if anything you do or say will work...but on this day, I just felt so much peace knowing that I may screw up a lot of things in their lives (to which they will remind me of many times down the road, I'm sure), but I haven't screwed up this up yet. If they have faith- they'll figure everything else out eventually, I guess.
I'm lucky because I got my faith from my dad- the ability to believe in something that I can't see or touch, but still know in my heart. And, my mom - well, you've heard of the Monday Morning Quarterback, right? My mother gave me Monday Morning Guilt. The guilt I feel when I don't go to church. I can't shake it and I can still hear her on Sunday mornings chirping "God is watching you...." as I pulled the covers over my head. It gets me out of bed nearly every Sunday. I often think of how thankful I am that I had her to introduce me to the church, to the importance of worshipping together. And, hopefully my kids will get the same from us - faith and worship. As they say, a family that prays together, stays together.
We love you, Saylor Lynn.
No comments:
Post a Comment