Happy Mother's Day!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

That's what I drew for my mom in second grade for Mother's Day. It was a book, and inside I wrote this:
"My favorite thing about my mother is her love. The funniest thing I remember about my mom is when she used sugar instead of flour. My mother loves me best when I am not bad. I like being with my mother when she takes me to the ice cream store. If I could give my mom something special just from me it would be flowers. Happy Mother's Day! Love, Holly"

Coincidentally, I once made morel mushrooms with powerdered sugar instead of flour - like mother, like daughter, heh?

And, in fourth grade, I wrote this lovely poem for my mom on Mother's Day:
I love my mother.
She is funnier than any other.
She is really, really nice.
And, she hates mice.
My mother loves to sing.
And, she wears a beautiful ring.
My mother is the best.
And, she always has time to rest.
My mother has a job to do.
But she always has time to be there for you.

Not sure when my mom found all that time to rest because I certainly can't! Maybe you don't think my poem is that great- but here's what one of my classmates wrote: Roses are red. Violets are blue. No one is sweeter than my mom." Really? I mean, can you try to rhyme?

But, I have to share with you a poem written by one of my best friends, Andrea, to her mom:
I love my Mom,
Because her brother is Jon.
Even though her toes are like ice,
She is very nice,
And, she doesn't like mice! (I think she stole that line from me)
She is a good cook
And she hangs my coat on my hook.
Remember, I love you Mommy,
Because her brother is Jonny.

Let's just say, it's a GOOD thing Susie has a brother, Jon, otherwise I'm not sure Andrea would have loved her at all!

Happy Mother's Day to a Super Mom! Love, Your favorite daughter

1 comment:

Andy said...

The best part of that poem I wrote it that my mom doesn't have a brother named Jon....I SO remember this. She has a brother named TOM (which does rhyme with MOM) and when they typed the poem for the book, they wrote JON instead. My best work...ruined by a typo.